There were three key outcomes required for a successful Source IP service:
- To make the availability of Australian licensable IP as visible as possible to as many parties as possible.
- Ensure searching across 100M+ patents is rapid and easy.
- Allow key Source IP information to be accessible to 3rd-party developers via easy-to-use APIs.
Agile Digital successfully delivered this platform on schedule for launch by Australia’s Assistant Minister for Innovation, the Hon Wyatt Roy MP.
The Source IP initiative has received widespread coverage:
- Govt patent library to boost innovation.
- IP Australia launches tool to help commercialisation of public sector patents.
- Government launches match-making service for finding the perfect IP.
- Source IP to spice up research.
- Universities go online to seek their perfect match in business.
- Source IP an example of how agencies can put users first.
Source IP is an important component of Australia’s innovation infrastructure, and is closely paired with Data61’s D61+ platform (also being built and supported by Agile Digital).