To drive a successful service there were key outcomes required of the Source IP platform, namely:
- to make Australian licensable IP availability as visible as possible to as many parties as possible.
- to make searching across 100M+ patents rapid and easy.
- to make key Source IP information accessible to 3rd-party developers via easy-to-use APIs.
Agile Digital successfully delivered this platform on schedule for launch by Australia’s Assistant Minister for Innovation, the Hon Wyatt Roy MP.
The Source IP initiative has received widespread coverage:
- Govt patent library to boost innovation.
- IP Australia launches tool to help commercialisation of public sector patents.
- Government launches match-making service for finding the perfect IP.
- Source IP to spice up research.
- Universities go online to seek their perfect match in business.
- Source IP an example of how agencies can put users first.