“It’s all about the people. Agile’s people are so incredibly proactive and professional and they guide you every step of the way. They did it all on time and for the agreed amount, even though there were some unexpected issues, and more work than expected. This was all a great relief as we were working with a very high-profile customer and project and there were a lot of constraints and risks. We would do it all again. In fact, we almost certainly will.”
David Sweikert, Senior Software Consultant, Schneider Electric
- Mission-critical data centre software development
- High-level data security compliance
- Real-time bulk data transformation
- Low level wire protocol communications
- Appliance-style deployment and configuration
Schneider Electric has long been established as an innovator “from the power plant to the power plug”. Its StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE) platform manages hundreds of millions of dollars of data center equipment worldwide. The Schneider Electric IT Business has engaged software development specialists Agile Digital on several occasions to implement specialised software appliances that help their customers to get the most from the StruxureWare platform.
Schneider Electric’s premier StruxureWare DCE data centre management platform operates at reliabilities from 99.9% – 99.999% as it orchestrates the vast variety of devices that operate in the modern data center. Agile Digital have been engaged on several occasions to develop mission-critical software appliances that can reliably integrate with this platform in mission-critical environments. Examples appliances developed by Agile Digital include:
- a specialised BACNet communications appliance to bridge the StruxureWare platform and a leading Building Management System (BMS);
- communicate with the StruxureWare technology via services protocol;
- communicate with the building management solution via specialist BACnet protocol;
- package this solution as a dedicated hardware appliance for low maintenance data center deployment.
These appliances have been developed in the Java enterprise environment and deployed upon Linux powered appliances hardened for data center deployment.
Agile Digital has successfully delivered multiple enterprise-grade solutions as customised software appliances for low-touch deployment and operation. Succeeding through a rigorous process of testing and validation by Schneider Electric, Agile Digital have always delivered to stringent requirements – on budget and on schedule.