“Agile Digital moved quickly to design, develop and launch a new mobile delivery channel whilst adapting to the needs of both our business and technical stakeholders. We were very satisfied with the professionalism of Agile Digital’s engagement and the quality of the software system they produced.”
– Gary Sheppard (Director, Digital Projects)
- Designed and implemented a cross-platform smartphone app to support client self-service.
- Developed a mobile-optimised data API for scalability via the Amazon AWS cloud platform.
- Integrated the client workflow with the internal Oracle knowledge-base system.
- Implemented an administrative system for Departmental staff to support solution security, scalability and performance.
The eVisitor mobile app was conceived by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to provide a self-service smartphone app to clients with queries regarding Visas for Australian entrance. A supplemental goal was to assist front-of-house staff in communicating correct and consistent information to these clients. The eVisitor App was specified to access and serve up-to-date visa related information that had previously only been available within the Department’s Oracle RightNow platform.
Agile Digital were engaged to:
- Design a smartphone app experience offering workflow-based guidance to international clients in a format that is accessible, discoverable and clear.
- publish a secure cloud API platform to service additional client mobile channels as they come online.
- Implement a cloud integration layer to securely access (and make searchable) continually updated knowledge assets maintained within the corporate knowledge-base system.
- Provide an administration capability with maintainability & security features such that operational burden on the department is minimised.
The user interface was developed as a smartphone app supporting both iPhone and Android smartphone devices. Fuzzy search and data service APIs were developed in Java on a RedHat Linux platform hosted within Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure. Integration with the departmental Oracle RightNow system was achieved using XML data exchange technology.
Agile Digital designed and developed this enterprise-grade mobile channel in under two (2) months from project initiation; successfully demonstrating the Department’s first mobile-delivered, API-powered and cloud-based client service channel.